Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where New York City Winters Aren't Bleeding Me

I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free...
I took the sweet life, I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I've spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that costs too much to be free
Hey lady
I've been to paradise but I've never been to me

-Charlene


I turned down several attractive plans last night to go to my usual Monday night drawering studio, only to be deterred by a possibly imaginary fever and an impossibly undeniable sleep.

So I'm posting some drawings from the archives, one of which made it to my Kenya blog back in the day, the others of which should have but apparently didn't.

Yes, I do need to get a scanner.

Scenes from a train. Elburgon, Kenya, 7/21/2006.


Crashing with the Kivindyos, my Kenyan homestay family. Kitui, Kenya, 6/1/2005.




Site visit to my future home for a year in Kobujoi, Kenya, 7/13/2005




Jomo Kenyatta Fairgrounds, Kisumu, Kenya, 11/29/2005.

No comments: