Monday, January 3, 2011

Sounding My Barbaric Yawp

Today I really needed a primal scream. And I was painfully aware that there is No Where On Earth that I can have my primal scream. At least not without a Zipcar, some trail mix, and my hiking boots. And then I needed a primal scream even more.

In college, during the week before finals when there were no classes and everyone was buckled down studying for exams, we had an official campus-wide primal scream. People would just stop what they were doing at 9pm on Saturday night, open the window and

ROAAAARRRRAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GGGGGRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRR

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHRRRRRAAAAAAA

It's the only space I've ever had like that, and at the time I didn't take enough advantage of it. Mine was an anemic scream. Mmmaahhhhhhhhhh. Like that.

I had a friend freshman year who would occasionally get so pent up that he'd let out a spontaneous primordial roar in inappropriate places. Once he did it in the men's restroom at the library. People were around. They stared. He didn't care. He didn't end up murdering anyone, either.

My tongue will tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart concealing it will break. - Katharina, Taming of the Shrew

And now, the drawerings.








2 comments:

sopamaggie said...

When I worked in restaurant we used to go into the walk-in freezer and scream.

Justina said...

Hahaha awesome.